- What can you see? What do you think? What do you wonder? Discuss and/or record your ideas here: See, Think, Wonder.
- Who – or what – smashed the glass?
- Was the frog there before, or did it enter the frame afterwards?
- Why are there water droplets inside the frame?
- Who holds the key?
- Why is there a tag reading ‘Prince’?
- Is the frog a prince?
- Why is the title ‘A Prince’? Why not ‘The Prince’? What’s the difference? (Y3 grammar link)
- Does this remind you of any stories you know? How is it similar/different?
- Write this story – choose your perspective, style and structure. Do you want your story to feel like a fairy tale? How will you make yours stand out?
Credit: Tim O’Brien