- What do you think is happening here?
- Why is the donkey following the girl?
- Who do all of the things on its back belong to?
- How is the girl feeling? Why?
- Where are they going? Where have they come from?
- What do you know about the girl? Use the details in the picture.
- Do you think there is a message behind this picture? Consider both the title and the image.
- Have the children across the road seen the girl and the donkey? Why don’t they look surprised?
- Do you think the girl has a home? Where does she live?
- If you had to leave home, what would you take with you? Why?
- Have you ever wanted to run away from home?
- Do you know of any fictional characters who have run away from home? What happened?
Credit: Peter de Sève