- What is this place? How do you know?
- What can you see? Try to spot the small details.
- What sounds would you hear? Create a soundscape for this picture.
- Look closely at the trick each animal is performing. How is it suited to that particular trick/skill? Why did Chris Dunn choose that animal? (e.g. squirrel on the trapeze)
- Can you see any humans in this picture? Why not? Do you think there are humans around?
- The performers and audience are animals. Why are the tigers the only ones in a cage?
- Have you ever been to a circus? How was it similar/different to this one?
- Where do circuses come from? Research the history of the circus.
Credit: Chris Dunn