- Which is the best description of this setting, and why?
- ‘The jagged rock mounds, dusted with snow, stand like three friends linking arms.’
- ‘The snow-covered rocks housed a collection of square buildings, which huddled together to catch the final light of the day.’
- Can you write an even better description of your own, or improve one of the sentences above?
- Where do you think this is?
- Is it always snowy here?
- Who lives in this place?
- How do the people reach the buildings on top of the arch?
- Why were buildings constructed in such a dangerous location?
- What is the building in the upper right corner? Why is it designed in a different style to the other buildings? Is it a church, a castle, or something else?
- How is this place similar to your local area? How is it different?
Credit: Tyler Carter