- Show the image without the title first:
- Describe this setting. Can you use a simile or metaphor in your description of the rocks/cliffs?
- Do you think anyone/anything lives here? What kind of creatures might live in a place like this? Why?
- Share the title. Is there any evidence of dragons? How strong is that evidence?
- Why might dragons choose to live here?
- What is the source of the glowing light coming from some of the cliffs?
- Have many people been here? What happened to them?
- Write an explorer’s journal entry about your discovery of the Dragon Cliffs. Include a detailed description of the location (perhaps add a sketch too), any actions you have taken, things you have seen, and record how you feel about your discovery.