- When is this? What time of year? What time of the day?
- Where is this? Which country could it be? Is this in a city/town/village/at the coast/in the countryside? Are there any other houses nearby?
- Who are the two boys? What is their relationship?
- What are they doing?
- What do you think they are saying to each other? Writing: Add speech bubbles; Write a scene of a play script; Write a narrative including dialogue.
- Does snow fall without a sound, or is it just that people can’t hear it?
- Does heavy snowfall sound different to light snowfall?
- Science link: What is sound? How does sound travel? Can you hear things on the other side of a window? How loud is snowfall? How do people hear? What causes hearing loss? How can we communicate without sound?
Credit: Pascal Campion