- What is the polar bear doing?
- What is it longing for?
- Why is it looking at the sky?
- Why do people wish on stars? Listen and look at the lyrics to ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ – what is the message? Have you ever wished on a star?
- Is the polar bear alone?
- Global issues: Why isn’t there much ice in this picture (mostly water)?
- Science: Where do polar bears live? Why? How are they suited to this habitat?
- Art: How many shades of blue are used in this picture? How can you make these different shades? Explore colour mixing before trying to recreate this image.
Credit: Jen Betton