- What is the boy doing?
- Who are the other people in the background?
- Where are they?
- What time of day is it? How do you know?
- Why are the people all here so late?
- Why does one man have his arm in the air? Why does a woman have her hand to her face? What might they be saying?
- Why is the flower the only source of colour in this picture? What is the significance of the red against black, white and grey?
- Can you tell anything about how the boy is feeling?
- Where is he going?
- What is he going to do with the flower?
- Why is the picture called ‘Moon Garden’?
After discussing and exploring the picture, share the following two and use them to tell the story.
Credit: Jen Betton