- What can you see in this picture?
- What do you think has happened?
- Why is the fallen soldier painted in pale shades of colour?
- Why are there poppies growing?
- What do you think the poppies represent? Could they represent more than one thing?
- Discuss the contrast between the barbed wire and the poppies.
- What is ‘remembrance’?
- Why is important to remember events from the past?
- Why do we hold a silence to remember events? What if we don’t remember anything of the event (if we weren’t alive at the time)? What should you think about during a minute/two minute silence?
- Why do people wear poppies?
- What can we learn from the events of World War One? What can we apply to our own lives today?
- Find out more here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/15492752
Credit: Jen Betton