- What is the boy doing?
- Describe the boy’s personality. What do we know about him?
- Why is the cat wearing a helmet and a badge? What does the badge mean?
- Write about their adventures. Will they make it into space? Where will they go? What will they find?
- Research famous astronauts. Find out about their childhoods and what inspired them to become astronauts.
- Link to the book ‘The Darkest Dark’ by Chris Hadfield (Amazon: The Darkest Dark )
‘Young Chris is an astronaut. A very busy astronaut. Saving the planet from aliens is much more important than taking baths or going to bed. Because at bedtime the worst sort of alien appears – darkness. But when Chris watches the first televised moon landing, he discovers that there is a dark out in Space that is much darker than he’s used to. It’s the darkest dark ever, and he realises that the unknown can be . . . exciting!’
- Remember, it’s British Science Week 10th-19th March. Find resources and information here: https://www.britishscienceweek.org
Credit: Lena Gnedkova