- Where is this?
- Who is standing in the tunnel?
- Why is she there?
- What type of person is she?
- Where does the tunnel lead?
- Does she know where it leads?
- Is she going to go through the tunnel? Would you?
- How is she feeling?
- Why didn’t Aron Wiesenfeld use any colour in this image? What is the effect of this?
- Why do you think the image is titled ‘Runoff’?
- Link to ‘The Tunnel’ by Anthony Browne – make comparisons between the text and this image (What’s similar and what’s different?). In ‘The Tunnel’, Anthony Browne uses this description: The tunnel was dark, and damp, and slimy, and scary. How would you describe this tunnel?
- Explore the dilemma in both (Should the girl go through the tunnel?) and list the arguments for and against.
Credit: Aron Wiesenfeld
Website – not all images suitable for children