- Grammar warm up – write a sentence about this picture…
- Year 1: Use the word ‘and’.
- Year 2: Include expanded noun phrases.
- Year 3: Use a conjunction or a preposition.
- Year 4: Use a fronted adverbial.
- Year 5: Include a relative clause.
- Year 6: Use the passive voice.
- What can you see in this picture?
- What are the things standing between the trees?
- Are they hiding? Why?
- Are they real?
- Has the girl ever seen them before?
- How does she feel about them? How do you know?
- What does the dog think about them?
- Will the girl tell anyone what she’s seen? If you think she will, role play (and write) the conversation she might have – will you write it as dialogue in a narrative, or as a play script? If you think she’ll keep it a secret, write a diary entry about her experience in the forest – remember to include details of what she saw and how she felt about it.
Credit: Goro Fujita