- Describe this setting. How many ways can you describe snow? Which is the best way?
- Where do you think this is? (Geography link: Use Google Maps & Google Earth to look for possible locations. Is it going to be near to the equator? Which countries have mountainous and snowy regions?)
- Imagine you are an estate agent selling this property. Write the listing and ensure that you turn any potential negatives into positives [e.g. isolated > Want to escape the rat race, the hustle and bustle of city life? This one-of-a-kind property is nestled amongst blanketed mountains. Your mornings will be peaceful as you watch the sun rise over the majestic peaks; your evenings will be cosy, the exceptional location allowing you the best sleep you’ve ever had.]
- Who is Steve?
- Why does he live here? Did he choose to? What does this tell you about his personality?
- What job might Steve have?
- Does anyone live with Steve?
- If you called Steve on the telephone, how would he sound when he answered?
Credit: Henrik Evensen