- Describe this setting. How would you describe the buildings?
- What do you notice about the water? How is it staying in that form?
- Who is the person in the boat? Do they know what’s beneath them?
- Do people walking on the grass at the top know that the buildings are underneath the ground?
- How do people get to this place?
- Who lives here?
- Explain what you like and dislike about this setting.
- Grammar/spelling link: What does the prefix sub- mean? Which other words could apply to this picture?
- Grammar link: Prepositions. Explore the difference between ‘under’, ‘below’ and ‘beneath’.
Credit: Gediminas Pranckevičius