- Literal questions (retrieval) – What is this Brownie’s name? Where does he live? What did he use to make his pants?
- Would you like to meet Thimbletack? Why?
- Do you think there are other Brownies like him? Do they live in groups?
- What do you think he eats? What makes you think this?
- Why isn’t he wearing any shoes?
- How do you think he walks? Show me.
- Describe Thimbletack in three words.
- Teach – noun phrases, similes, active vs. passive voice
‘Common House Brownie’ from
‘Arthur Spiderwick’s Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You’
Illustration by Tony DiTerlizzi
Tony’s Facebook page