- Where do you think this is?
- What words/phrases could you use to describe this scene? Which are the best?
- Can you describe this scene using personification? When might you use this? (Consider genre and text structure.)
- What time of year is it? How many clues are there? How sure are you?
- Through whose eyes are we seeing this scene?
- What is the best thing about this town?
- How do you feel about this setting? Why?
- What kind of story might this setting feature in?
- How important is it for the ‘feel’ of the setting to match the mood of the story?
- Do all of the residents of the town feel the same way about this place?
- Choose a house or car – ‘zoom in’ on this and tell the story of the person inside.
Credit: Jim Kay