- Grammar warm up [year group expectations from the National Curriculum]:
- 1: Write down 5 -ing verbs from the picture. Put one of them into a sentence.
- 2: Write a sentence – is it a statement, question, exclamation or command? How do you know?
- 3: List nouns containing the prefixes super-, anti- and auto-. What is the meaning of each prefix? Is it always the same?
- 4: Write two sentences. Use at least one pronoun. Explain your choices.
- 5: Write a sentence containing a relative clause. How do you know that you’ve used the correct relative pronoun (who, which, where, when, whose, that)?
- 6: Write a short paragraph about this picture. Use a semi-colon, colon or dash. Explain the effect of your choice.
- What is Batman doing?
- What’s special about his car?
- Why does his car need these features?
- Where is he? Give this place a name and explain your choice.
- Who is the person swinging in the background? Why are they doing that?
- What are the airships doing?
- Create a comic strip which includes this image. What happens before and after this picture?
Credit: Alejandro Burdisio/Burda