- How would you describe this scene? Be sure to appeal to the reader’s senses – what can you see, hear, smell, feel?
- Where is this? How do you know?
- Is it always cold here?
- Who made the footprints?
- Why is there only one shop open?
- What do you notice about the shape of the building?
- How is the cat feeling?
- What has he seen in the shop window?
- Is he going to buy it?
- Imagine that you are working in the shop. Try to sell the hat to the cat – how will you persuade him that he needs it?
Credit: Glenn Kim