- Describe an egg and see if a partner can guess it.
- Which dragon do you think is the most dangerous? Why?
- Which dragon do you think will be the friendliest? Why?
- Which species could survive in cold temperatures? How do you know?
- Which dragon egg would you like to find?
- What would you do if you came across a Norwegian Ridgeback egg?
- Can you plot the origins of these species on a map?
- Try drawing what you think each species will look like as a fully grown dragon; use details from the egg’s appearance and the species name to inform your choices.
- Create ‘Top Trumps’ cards for each species. Decide on the categories and give them ratings, then do battle!
Credit: Jim Kay – Courtesy of Bloomsbury Children’s Books
A list of species:
Common Welsh Green
(A Google search of each species will give you some information and images)