- What is the bear doing? What is he holding? Why is he wearing a hat?
- What caused the fire? When did it start?
- Why is the bear in the city while it’s burning?
- Why is the bear so big?
- How is the bear feeling? How do you know? Why might this be?
- What do you think will happen to the city? Will anything, or anyone, survive the fire?
- Choose your writing:
- A shape poem
- A news article
- A selection of text messages, tweets and phone call transcripts about the event
- Diary entries of residents of the city
- The mayor’s speech following this disaster
- A song
- History link: Compare this image to The Great Fire of London – what’s similar and what’s different?
Credit: Little Oil