- What are your first impressions of Hagrid? How do you feel about him? Why do you think this is? (Consider Jim Kay’s choices, such as the colours used and the perspective Hagrid is viewed from.)
- Is Hagrid taller than average, or is he in a small room?
- What do the accessories and details on his clothing tell you about his personality?
- Write two separate paragraphs describing Hagrid. Try to make the reader feel differently towards him in each (i.e. in one, Hagrid is a likeable character, and in the other, Hagrid is a scary character).
- Who/what is Hagrid looking at?
- If you know the Harry Potter stories, where do you think this fits in to the events?
Credit: Jim Kay
Courtesy of Bloomsbury Children’s Books