- What can you see? What do you think? What do you wonder? Record your ideas here: See think wonder.
- Example literal questions: What is the boy carrying? What are the children sitting in? What is the man carrying on his belt?
- Example inferential questions: Why is the man wearing gloves? Where is this? Why is the boy holding a teddy bear? What might be in their bags? Why? Why are their clothes so torn and dirty?
- What has happened here?
- How are the three people related?
- How long have they been travelling for?
- Where is everyone else? Is anyone inside the buildings? Why aren’t they out in the street?
- What are they all looking at? How do they feel about it?
- What does the skull symbol (on the building and on the floor) represent?
- What does ‘harbinger’ mean? Why is that the title of this picture?
Credit: Matt Rockefeller