- What is happening here?
- Are the trees on islands? Is the land connected?
- What are the children doing? What might they be saying? How are they feeling?
- Why is the girl wearing goggles on her forehead? Why isn’t she wearing them properly?
- How do you know that it’s windy?
- Do you think there are more trees and more children?
- Vocabulary task: Add words/phrases to the Vocabulary builder (click to download).
- Grammar task: Use the vocabulary generated to compose sentences about this picture.
- Begin with a preposition.
- Begin with a fronted adverbial.
- Include an expanded noun phrase.
- Include an adverbial phrase.
- Include a relative clause.
- Tell the story behind this picture. Can you use any of the vocabulary or sentences you’ve developed already?
Credit: Glenn Kim