- Grammar warm up – write a sentence about this picture…
- KS1: Include the word ‘because’.
- LKS2: Begin your sentence with the word ‘because’.
- UKS2: Use a synonym for ‘because’ and decide where to place it in your sentence.
- What has happened here?
- Why is the boy hanging from the tree?
- How does he feel? Why?
- How does the girl feel? How do you know?
- Why is she wearing ice skates but he isn’t?
- What country do you think this is in? Why?
- What might she be saying to him? [Y3 & Y4: Use this image as a stimulus for teaching speech punctuation.]
- How is he going to get down?
- What happened 5 minutes before this scene? What will happen 5 minutes after?
Credit: Tyler Carter
Peanuts concept art