- Describe this setting. What can you see/hear/smell/feel? Can you use a simile, metaphor or personification?
- Where do you think this is?
- What are these buildings used for?
- Why are there only lights on inside a few of them?
- What do you notice about the style and shape of the buildings? Have you ever seen a setting like this before?
- What is the mood of this picture? Consider the light and shadows, the colours used, and the finer details (e.g. the birds circling the tallest towers; the moon still visible through the clouds; the darkest silhouettes in the foreground).
- Which building is the ‘last security tower’? How do you know?
- Are there other security towers? Why would a place need more than one security tower?
- Vocabulary: What does security mean? What does secure mean? Find synonyms of secure. What is the opposite of secure? Find antonyms. ‘Secure’ is a homonym – what does this mean? Explore the different meanings of ‘secure’.