- Who is ‘Leonard of Quirm’? What/where is ‘Quirm’?
- What is the man painting? Why does he have his eyes closed?
- Who built the ship? Why does it have oars, a rudder, a sail, a hot air balloon and dragons pulling it? Can it travel on water too? What happened to one of the oars?
- How do the dragons feel about pulling the boat? What about the dragon sat next to the man? Why is this dragon treated differently to the others? [Go deeper: Should animals ever be used for transportation?]
- What’s in the bags on the side of the boat? Why are they there?
- Where are they going? Why?
- How long have they been travelling for?
Credit: Paul Kidby
Illustration © Paul Kidby