- Vocabulary focus: What does the prefix omni- mean? Can you find any other words beginning with omni-? What do they have in common? What is an omnidrone?
- Where is this? Describe the setting using your senses.
- What is the omnidrone doing to Bob?
- Is someone controlling it?
- How is Bob resisting it?
- What do you think will happen?
- Write this scene as a narrative – how will you build suspense? How will you make your reader feel something? What do you want them to feel? [Top tip: Use a mixture of sentence lengths, especially short sentences to build the pace.]
- Use this Prezi by Stuart Rathe to teach suspense writing.
Credit: Glenn Kim