- What can you see in this picture? What is important and what isn’t?
- Who is the subject of the picture? What does Jim Finn want you to focus on? How do you know?
- What is Bolt doing? Why? How quickly is he moving?
- Where is this?
- Where did the rockets come from?
- Who launched them and why?
- How does Jim Finn want you to feel? How do you know?
- How could you make a reader feel the same way about a written description of this scene? [Look at techniques to build tension.]
- What type of writing suits this picture?
Credit: Jim Finn