- What are the animals doing?
- Why is the lion allowing the mouse to sit on his head? Does he know that the mouse is there?
- How is the lion feeling? How do you know?
- Would a lion and a mouse usually be friends?
- Read Aesop’s fable, ‘The Lion and The Mouse’: http://read.gov/aesop/007.html. How does this image fit into that story? Is it a scene during the story, before or after? What is the message? What does ‘A kindness is never wasted’ mean? How can we apply that story to our own lives?
- Science link: ‘Would you ever see this in real life? Why/why not?’ Explore food chains, predator & prey.
Credit: Jen Betton