- Grammar link: Which word in the title is a preposition? Write a sentence about the picture containing a different preposition. [Hint: on, beside, next to…]
- What can you see? What do you think is happening/has happened/will happen? What do you wonder? See think wonder
- Why is the man under the rug? What do the objects beside him tell you?
- How is the man feeling? How do you know?
- Why is the dog sitting on the rug? Did the dog bring the stick here?
- Does the dog belong to the man?
- How is the dog feeling? How do you know?
- Write a humorous caption for this picture. Now try writing one which creates a different mood/atmosphere (e.g. an ominous caption).
Credit: Franco Matticchio