- Grammar warm up:
- List all of the verbs you can think of related to this picture (e.g. splashing, swimming, watching…).
- Now put them into a sentence.
- Challenge 1: Begin your sentence with the verb. Will you need to use any additional punctuation?
- Challenge 2: Explore the effect of different verb tenses.
- What sea creatures can you see?
- What’s happening here?
- Who is the girl?
- How did she get here?
- What is the octopus doing? Is it taking her somewhere? Where? Why?
- How does the girl feel?
- What is the shark going to do?
- What about the small fish nearby?
- Where do you think this is?
- Does this picture remind you of any stories you’ve read or films you’ve seen?
- Tell/write the ‘before and after’ for this picture.
Credit: Khoa Le