Before showing the picture:
- Share the title: ‘Village’. Ask children to draw what they imagine this picture to look like, with as much detail as possible.
Show the picture:
- How is yours similar/different? What is surprising? What do you wonder? Whose picture was the closest (if working as a class)?
- How would you describe this setting? Use the vocabulary builder to organise your ideas.
- Does anyone live here? How do you know?
- Why might people want to live here?
- Do the residents have jobs?
- How do they travel to other places? What is the nearest town?
- What happens when the weather is bad/good? What does it look like in summer?