- Describe this setting. Use the vocabulary builder to help you.
- Play the grammar warm up game to write a setting description.
- Who lives here?
- Would you like to live here?
- Why are the flowers glowing?
- Who is the girl in the foreground?
- Is she hiding?
- Why has she come here?
- Why isn’t she using a path to approach the building?
- Use this as a story opener: “Once upon a time, there was a girl with golden locks. But that’s just the beginning of this tale. The real story begins with a bear.”
[From “The Cottage in the Woods” by Katherine Coville. Published by Penguin Random House 2015.]
Credit: Petur Antonsson
The audible and e-book version of the cover for “The Cottage in the Woods” by Katherine Coville. Published by Penguin Random House 2015.