- What do you know about the dragon? What can you infer?
- What is the dragon writing? Write what you imagine to be on that page.
- Do all dragons write?
- Explore other dragons in stories. What would they write? How would they tell the story from their point of view?
- Who makes hats and glasses for dragons? Where do they buy them from? Where did this dragon get the typewriter? Where are the rings from?
- Do all dragons have jobs? What other jobs might they have? Draw a dragon in a different role. Write a job advert for a dragon, and an application form for this position.
- Link with Pie Corbett’s ideas for teaching around the text ‘Tell Me A Dragon’ by Jackie Morris: Tell Me A Dragon Teachers’ Notes by Pie Corbett.
Credit: Andrew Ferez
Website – not all images suitable for children