- What can you see?
- What is unusual about this image? What is Aurélie Neyret trying to show?
- Who do you think is looking through the binoculars?
- Where are they?
- Why are they looking through binoculars? Are they looking for something/someone? What/who?
- Do you think they are going to see anything change? Will they be expecting it?
- What will happen next?
- Write a first person account of this event.
- Science & DT: How do binoculars work?
- Geography: Where could this be? Locate the setting using a map/atlas/globe/Google Earth. What wildlife would you expect to find in this region? Find out about the climate there.
- Art: What is the effect of having much of the image covered? Does it make you more curious? Does it focus you on something in particular? Try using this effect on other well-known paintings. What would you like your audience to focus on? Where will you position the binoculars and why?
Credit: Aurélie Neyret