- Where in the world do you think this is?
- What kind of building is it?
- Who is the person at the bottom? Why is he wearing this clothing? What is his status? What is he holding?
- What is he thinking? What is he going to do?
- Who is at the top?
- What is the ‘meeting’? Who is late for it? How do you know?
- Why are they holding a meeting here?
- Continue the story from this point.
- Link to the Mayans – elicit responses before and after teaching the topic. Why did they build structures like this? Why might they have worn clothing like this? Did all Maya people wear the same thing? What were their beliefs?
Credit: Tyler Carter