- Share the image without showing the title. What story is this picture showing? Which part of the story? Is this the story as you know it? Is there anything surprising?
- Why is Red Riding Hood’s cloak so long? Why isn’t it dragging on the floor? What does this suggest?
- What is she looking at?
- Is the wolf real or is she imagining it?
- How does she feel seeing it?
- Show her facial expression at this moment. Now describe it.
- What is the mood of this picture? How did Glenn Kim achieve this?
- Use this image to build character, creature or setting descriptions.
- What is Red Riding Hood going to do next? (List her options; phone a friend for advice; write a could/should list.)
- Use this image alongside the short film ‘Chaperon Rouge‘ – find the film and teaching ideas on literacyshed.com
Credit: Glenn Kim