- What does the prefix ‘retro-‘ mean? Can you think of other words containing it? Why do you think this picture is called ‘Retro City’?
- How would you describe the buildings? Use the Zone of Relevance resources – click here to download.
- Which of these words/phrases best describe the setting? Place the cards onto the target board, with the most relevant at the centre. Explain your choices.
- Do you think all of these words and phrases are ‘powerful’? What do people mean when they say ‘use powerful words/description’? We need to make sure that the language we choose is accurate and has an effect on the reader – how do we want them to feel about this setting? e.g. What is the difference between ‘towering’ and ‘intimidating’?
- What are these buildings used for?
- Who might you find inside the buildings?
- What do you notice about the modes of transport in this city? Why do you think this is?
- When do you think this is? Why?
Credit: Alejandro Burdisio/Burda