- What can you see? What do you think? What do you wonder? [See think wonder]
- How could you describe this setting? Consider the following:
- What materials can you see?
- The texture of each brick
- The carvings, shapes and patterns
- The level of cleanliness and the condition of objects
- The light and shadows
- Where does the secret passage lead?
- Why is it lined with books?
- Why is one book (in the foreground) burning?
- What is the man doing? Who is he?
- Who else knows about the secret passage?
- Why does it need to be secret?
- What is the key for (hanging on the wall on the right)?
- Why do the clocks show different times?
- What do you think is on the front of the secret door? What would people see when it was closed?
- Use this setting, and this character, in your own story.
Credit: Andrew Ferez
Website – not all images suitable for children