First, share the title without showing the image. Ask children to draw/say what they imagine the picture to be.
- Share the picture. What is expected/unexpected? Compare this picture to your drawing. What’s similar/different?
- Why is this picture called ‘Take Your Dog for a Walk’?
- Who does the dog belong to?
- Why isn’t the dog on a lead?
- What are they both looking at? How do they feel about it?
- What is the man holding?
- What is the thing in the background? Is someone controlling it? What is it doing? Is it moving?
- Where is this?
- What is the effect of the colours chosen?
- Tell this story (including what happened before and after this moment).
Credit: Jakub Rozalski