- Grammar warm up: Write sentences about this picture, each one containing a different preposition or prepositional phrase. Here are some to get you started:
- Where did the mammoth come from? How is it in NYC (New York City)?
- Are there any more mammoths?
- What is the man doing? Why? What will he do with the picture/video he is taking?
- Why aren’t more people looking at the mammoth? Aren’t they surprised? Can they see it?
- Is it safe here?
- What do you think will happen next?
- Would you believe someone if they told you they’d seen this?
- How would you make sure that this event is remembered in the future? Would you write it as a recount (of a witness), a newspaper report, or something else?
- How would this event be reported in the news? Would it have a positive/negative tone? Can you write two contrasting reports?
- Compare this image with Mammoth. What’s similar and what’s different?
Credit: Tim O’Brien